Welcome from the President
Hello, and welcome to the Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools (LMAIS).
The thirty-six LMAIS schools embody educational excellence where all students love learning in a nurturing environment that is safe, caring, and personal. All LMAIS schools are accredited through the Independent School Association of the Central States (ISACS), a rigorous, transparent, collaborative process where each school reflects on mission, goals, and achievements, sets new goals, and demonstrates adherence to a comprehensive list of standards for membership.
LMAIS schools believe in:
- Supporting the social-emotional development of children at each stage of their educational journey
- Valuing kindness, respect, and inclusivity in our school communities, where our students are known, valued, and supported
- Developing both the academic and social-emotional potential of each student and believe deeply in partnering with families at each stage in the educational process
- Teaching empathy, where students seek to understand others’ viewpoints, perspectives, and backgrounds
- Creating and sustaining diverse, inclusive, equitable and just communities that are safe and welcoming for all
- Cultivating lifelong learners who value collaboration, creativity, critical thinking, and communication
In combination with our rigorous curriculum, these core beliefs build a foundation of self-confidence and achievement. We take pride in our reputation for top quality education, with an emphasis on outstanding student achievement, passionate and deeply committed faculty, and a community of parents who are actively involved and invested in their children’s education.
On behalf of our Executive Director, Board of Directors, and member schools, thank you for your interest in LMAIS and for considering an independent school education for your child.
I invite you to take some time to get to know our individual schools and experience the warm, welcoming, and dynamic learning environments our schools have to offer.
Sincerely, Tim CostelloLMAIS President Head of School, Science & Arts Academy email@example.com